Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Everything Ends...


"Breathe Me"-Sia


I absolutely love "Six Feet Under". Or should I say loved, since it ended a few years ago, with the best ending I have ever seen to anything. It's so good it gives me major chills and a lump in my throat. It's the kind of ending that grabs you right in the guts and breaks your heart and makes you feel so happy to be alive and so sad that every beautiful thing will cease to exist and every moment will be forgotten as those who remember it will all be dust. I'm sure if you see the ending without having seen the entire series, it would not have nowhere near the same impact. That's because throughout the show the characters slowly work their way under your skin and right into your heart like nothing else. Everyone is so flawed and relatable and three-dimensional.





Most of all the women; I don't think any other show has ever had the guts to depict such complex, messed-up, sexy, smart, challenging and beautiful women. Claire is absolutely my favourite-I totally relate to her journey; learning to deal with her emotions through her art and her struggle to find her place in the world, after feeling like she was just an add-on to her family.But aswell as Claire, I loved Brenda for her bold, honest and messed-up sexuality; Bettina for her spontanaity and warm,open nature; Sarah for her earthy free-spiritedness' and Maya for her sweet, quiet adorableness!...and in fact, every woman that ever made an appearance was so well-drawn and flawed and complex: Ruth, Parker, Anita, Edie, Lisa, Margaret, Vanessa etc. So thank-you to all the creators, writers, directors and actors for making a splendid television show that transcends it's medium, like any art should, and will surely live on in many people's hearts for years to come....

and here are some pictures of a few of my favourite moments and characters...



"Transatlanticism"-Death Cab for Cutie




"Calling All Angels" by Jane Siberry



"Empty Spaces"-Lifehouse

Pictures thanks to hbo.com

No comments: