Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shock...Britney does something right!

Hello to anyone who reads this. I will be writing about my thoughts on my various pop-culture addictions-tv shows, movies, style, celebrities, music, magazines and books. And perhaps I will also write about my various pursuits outside of pop-culture entertainment, it all depends on how interesting my life is at the time. I hope that my posts amuse, entertain or at the very least occupy you....here goes!

Ok, so I know that in the last year Britney Spears has completely lost the plot, but there is no denying the girl has talent. I found her new cd Blackout for 10 dollars and couldn't resist as I love her new single "Piece of Me" (by the way, the song writers really hit the nail on the head with Britney's songs-I would almost believe she wrote them herself). To my surprise, the whole cd is awesome, probably the best I've ever heard Britney. It's dirty and sexy and get-down-on-the-dance-floor grindy, much like Britney herself! I especially recommend track 2-Piece of Me, 4-Break the Ice and 11-Perfect Lover. Believe me when I say I am far from a Britney fan and I am quite embarassed to be recommending her music but trust me, it's good. It's interesting-i should dislike both Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears' music on principle, but they're just too good! Long live the mickey mouse club. And no, I didn't love Christina Aguilera's last album. Way too theme-y if you ask me.

So well done Britney. it's about time you did something right.

No comments: