Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I Heart...Alice!


I am a totally straight (so far) girl, but I have loved the show "the L word" since it's humble beginnings. I remember when sweet, innocent little Jenny first came to West Hollywood and was shocked and awed by the sight of Shane, the local androgynous Casanova, making love to a random chick in Bette and Tina's swimming pool. I have watched the girls fight and fuck and lie and seduce and betray and live and die, and in my opinion it is one of the best tv shows ever made. To begin with, I totally identified with Jenny; a writer struggling to express herself and find her true path, driven by her dysfunctions and often a victim of her sensitive, emotional nature. But something happened over the years. I got a bit tired of Jenny's self-indulgence and ever so slowly, the sweet and lovely Alice found her way into my heart. Her humble, girl-next-door beauty combined with her humour, openess and acceptance of all make her the perfect role-model. She isn't perfect, nor does she pretend to be. She follows her heart and is fiercely honest, even in the face of pain and rejection. She has a quiet confidence and it is her deep self-acceptance that make her so open to love, in any form it takes.

So, to summarise: I Love Alice! And here are some more adorable pics...




Pictures from http://www.thelwordonline.com/

2 comments:

akw said...

First off, I'm really digging your blog, it seems we have very similar tastes in television shows and music.
I absolutely LOVE The L Word, and am straight as well. My favourite character was Dana but now that she's gone it's the super adorable Alice. This is definitely one of my favourite shows ever, up there with Arrested Development, Six Feet Under, Lost and The Office. Even though the 4th Season wasn't that great in my opinion (mostly because of both Dana and Carmen's absence) I don't think this show gets enough recognition for its excellence.

Ani May said...

Thanks akw :)

Yeah, I love dana and carmen too. In fact im about to post my top ten fave l word moments and most of them involve dana, carmen or alice...and youre right, season 4 wasnt all that.What was up with Papi? Really, Papi?
Not long til the new season:)...keep commenting!
ani